- Sarah Reed Senior Living
- Jul 06, 2015
We are excited to announce the groundbreaking for the expansion and renovation of our Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation facility to be held on Tuesday, July 14th at 10:00 am. Mayor Sinnott will participate in the festivities. Honored guests include Mr. Michael Whitley, the great-great nephew of Miss Sarah Reed, and Mrs. Mary Jane Joslin. Mrs. Joslin lived at Sarah Reed as a child during the depression, and now lives in our Senior Apartments. Both Mr. Whitley and Mrs. Joslin will be among the actual ground-breakers. RSVP for event by calling Debbie today at 814-878-2612. Scroll down to view invitation!
- New construction of a 47,456 square foot addition to our skilled nursing facility
- Renovation of our existing skilled nursing area of 40,000 square feet
- Architectural firm is Weber, Murphy, Fox
- Project is currently out to bid to several local contractors
- Final cost will be determined upon return of bids
- Private resident rooms & bathrooms with centrally located comfortable living & dining rooms
- Smaller, intimate, resident neighborhoods
- Enhanced Rehabilitation/Therapy Suite
- Private entrance on Myrtle Street
- Recreation facilities and outdoor courtyard
Benefits to the Community:
- The expansion project builds on our strong foundation of high quality care and services, is keeping with industry standards, and ensures that Sarah Reed’s mission and legacy continues.
- Current nursing care residents reap the comforts of a brand new home, and the residents in our apartments will have improved accommodations upon transition as their healthcare needs change.
- Sarah Reed will remain a primary choice for older adults & their families with its proximity to physicians, downtown offices, shopping, and accessibility to public transportation.
- This endeavor supports the local economy.
Event Details: Outdoor Program w/speakers and groundbreaking to last approximately 30 minutes. Indoor Reception with refreshments will follow.
Contact: Dina Scribner, Director of Marketing & Events 814-878-2626 or firstname.lastname@example.org